Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reaching beyond ourselves

What joy I find in helping others find opportunities to give themselves away! I truly believe God has called me to this task. As a former social worker, perhaps I am more aware than most of all the many ways that we can reach beyond ourselves in helping a hurting world. Maybe it's also the fact that the Lord has opened my eyes because of mission trips I've been on, service opportunities that I've had, and people he has put in my path. One of my greatest joys is when a young person reaches beyond him/herself and discovers the absolute JOY of helping others! My heart's desire is to encourage others to stretch out their hands for the pure joy of reaching beyond themselves! 1 John 3:16-17

1 comment:

Angie said...

I tried to comment yesterday but Blogger was down. I love your blog....but one paragraph??? Come on, you can do better than that!! Remember you are practicing for your book here. :-)

I love your posts.....you just need to let go and write MORE!

And post pictures!